Tuesday, September 23, 2008

responses to: How Do You Define Happiness?

Acts 20:35
" ...I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

The thing that makes me happiest is to give things to people. Perhaps they needed a touch, a hug, a drawing, a message of love, or encouragement, these things bring me the most Joy. They fulfill my the promise of my name. Something that has been resonating in my mind is that we have been blessed to be a blessing...I am happiest when I fulfill that; when I use the my blessings of health, spirit, love, creativity, and joy to bring that into others' lives who may for some reason been denied that by this world's crushing circumstances. I am thankful for all that I have, and feel like it is too much for one person...which when I give these things away I am gaining more for myself. I suppose what I am getting at is that, especially with children, being able to give that fraction of the gifts that God has given me such a my smile, drawing, laughter, health...being able to use these to brighten lives in return makes my life all the brighter. This
equals joy for me.

No comments: