Friday, September 5, 2008

responses to: What is happiness?

Smiles. Singing. Sunlight. Personal experience of living for meaning, rather looking for meaning. Understanding.

Happiness is escaping from thoughts of tomorrow and troubles from yesterday.

I find fulfillment and satisfaction in my life from interacting with other people on a constant basis.



Happiness, as I see it, is the knowledge that you're appreciated, whether it is by your family or friends

baking something sweet like cookies or a cake

Hearing the rain and having a warm cup of tea in my hands.

when you laugh your hardest and no one else is there.

Happiness is subjective and symbiotic. This is not a cold definition, this is outside of my personal definition which is; An overwhelming sensation that moves your consciousness and body into a direction you believe is positive.

"Happiness for me is something that is only achievable by giving to others. By this I mean service. it can be as simple as opening a door or picking up something that was dropped. It makes me happy to be a generally good person. I like to be kind; I like to be helpful. Happiness is also being yourself, without any doubt. Being able to fully express yourself and do what is right for you, is happiness. Family and togetherness is happiness."

"My definition of happiness is having a total sense of balance. I consider 'happy' to be my neutral ground, emotionally and mentally."

No comments: