Sunday, September 21, 2008

response to HOW DO YOU DEFINE HAPPINESS?

I have to spend time everyday in a garden, mine preferably, but I will take what I can get. I like the feel of dirt in my hands and under my fingernails. Digging a hole, planting a seed, watching it sprout and mature is extremely gratifying.

I also enjoy walks with my two dogs, we usually go out three to four times a day. One of them is nearing the end of his life, the other is just beginning his. The remind me everyday that happiness can be found in the simplest of activities, like taking a promenade around the neighborhood, or a ride in the car.

Looking at art and thinking about what the artist may be expressing in a piece, and how they express it, nourishes my being. I'm serious about that. I really can't live without those experiences.

Although it's difficult to get there often enough I relish every moment I spend in Craon, a quaint village in the Loire Valley of France. I consider it my hometown.

No comments: