Sunday, September 28, 2008

accept the moments in your life that aren't so happy

Happiness to me is the ability to accept that you wont always be happy. If you're not careful happiness can be like a disease. It can make you live life with expectations of a perfect ending. Sometimes I say to myself...why is it so hard for me to be happy? And then I realize that the reason I'm not happy is because I'm unable to let go of some thing. I hold onto that something for a long time analyzing  it, and picking it apart. Then I get frustrated because I can't get it to do anything or go anywhere and the problem grows. I must learn to acknowledge these unhappy moments, accept them, and move on.I believe that an good word to describe happiness is contentment. Yes, sometimes that implies that you are comfortable and there for "happy" and having fun but it also teaches you to accept the moments in your life that aren't so happy without letting them drag you down.

 

No comments: